I sometimes Chuckle as I walk down the baby isles in stores, looking at the bibs. I chuckle because I think about all the mistakes I have made in making those little bib purchases. I have bought so many ‘cute’ bibs that are just way too tiny to do any good after your child reaches 3 months old.
I quickly realized that a little bib – no matter how cute – is not going to protect the clothes that your child is wearing – which should have a little higher priority than your bibs in the cuteness factor.
I’ve got to admit there are some nice ones out there. All the bibs that I have purchased that I consider ‘nice’ are the larger bibs. They might be a little cute – and say things like ‘My Dad is Cooler than Your Dad!’ but more importantly, they’re large enough to get most of the mess.
The big problem is this: When they’re wearing a really nice outfit – or have only four pairs of shorts to last through the summer –and every time your child eats, they get totally messy because there is no bib for their lap – you’re stuck doing laundry much sooner than you had hoped.
Along comes the idea for Wicked Big Bibs. These bibs are BIG! I mean – they’re very well covering. They cover all of the bib area , plus most of the shoulders, and even the pant legs. GeNiuS! The first high chair we had was the biggest problem. Every time my son ate, he ended up with a large portion of his food on his pants. Then we switched to a booster/fold-n-go type chair, which hugged his belly a little better, but still had wide open areas for food to fall along the sides. Now that my son is getting better at eating without spilling as much, he wants to sit up to the table with us, and use the table as his table. Therefore we were back to the lap mess.I love that the bib is not too bulky for toddlers and still catches all the mess. My son can get pretty picky about what he is wearing, but he didn’t complain one bit about this bib.
I’d highly recommend the Monster Mess bib for any toddler that you know. They can be purchased from www.wickedbigbibs.com and her etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/people/WickedBigBibs They are $18.99 for the Monster Mess Bib; or $9.99 for the lesser mess bib.
One Lucky winner will receive a Monster Mess Bib from Wicked Big Bibs!
One Lucky Reader will win a Monster Mess Bib from Wicked Big Bibs (18.99 Value)!
- Like Wicked Big Bibs on Facebook! please include your facebook name with your entry
- Comment on Wicked Big Bibs’ Facebook page saying you entered their giveaway at www.grinningcheektocheek.com
- Follow @Wicked Big Bibs on twitter
- Subscribe to my blog via email (upper left email insertion box)
- Follow my blog publicly via GFC (right side center)
- Post my Button on your blog. (please leave a link!)
- Follow GrinCheek2Cheek on Twitter on twitter and tweet about this giveaway: (this may be done daily)
#Win a Monster Mess Bib from @wickedbigbibs and @GrinCheek2Cheek Great for #newmom #babyshower #Giveaway Ends 4/7 http://tiny.ly/zcEs
- Like GrinningCheektoCheek on Facebook! please include your facebook name with your entry.
- Follow my blog via Networked Blogs (click on right)
- Vote for me on picket fence blogs. One Entry per vote(per day).
- Enter any of my other Current giveaways. 1 extra entry per CURRENT contest entered.
Open to U.S. only. Giveaway ends April 7th, 2011 at 11:59pm. Winner will be drawn by random.org the following day, and will be e-mailed. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. Winners will be announced on this blog after all have responded. I received a product for review purposes. All of my opinions are 100% my own.