As Halloween is approaching Near, I thought some safety tips from our favorite friends from Chuggington would be of use for you!! These are great things to talk about with your children over the next few days if you haven’t already!
As you begin to think about Halloween costumes and candy, we ask that you also take a moment to consider your little ghost or goblins safety as they walk around the neighborhood trick or treating on Halloween night. Does your child know to look left-right-left before crossing the street? Do you always encourage your trainee to hold your hand while walking? Here are a few other tips to consider, and share with your readers:
- Walk on the sidewalk.
- If there’s no sidewalk, walk facing traffic.
- No pushing or shoving when you walk.
- Don’t cross the street if a car is coming.
- Use a crosswalk if you can.
Chuggington has teamed up with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and has launched a national public service campaign that promotes traffic safety to young families called, ‘Think Safe. Ride Safe. Be Safe!”
They are focusing on four areas of traffic safety:
- Pedestrian Safety – Click here to see the colorful KoKo Flyer about Pedestrian Safety.
- School Bus Safety
- Bike Safety
- Car Seat Safety
The goal of the entire campaign is to educate and ultimately, save lives.
What Can You Do?
Have your child take the Traffic Safety Pledge – and they will earn their Chuggington Traffic Safety Training Badge.
Visit www.chuggington.com/safety – Your children can play safety games, color safety sheets, and parents can download safety tips.
Check out the Activity book that kids can color and learn traffic safety lessons!
What are your favorite safety tips for Halloween??
I am combining the Prizes to one lucky winner for this giveaway and the Chuggington ‘The Chugger Championship’ DVD giveaway!
- The Kit includes Chuggington themed: printed activity book, tip sheets, stickers, a children’s traffic safety vest, and a die-cast engine!! As well as The Chugger Championship on DVD!
- Perfect for your Trainees!
- Click Below to get to the entry form!