For Thanksgiving this year I was asked to bring a Jello Salad. Typically my family makes some sort of cranberry Jell-o salad, or orange salad. But – I’m not a fan of mandarin oranges or cranberries in Jell-o. I figured since I’m in the ‘pinterest’ generation – I could find something else amazing that I’d love even more.
But, I didn’t.
Everything I saw had cottage cheese or mandarin oranges or was otherwise gross-looking. So I figured I’d make my own using an adaptation an Orange Fluff salad I found online to make my own Strawberry Fluff Jello Salad.
Not only was it a big hit at Thanksgiving – I was asked to bring it again, at Christmas. So I figured I’d share the recipe with all of you
- 1 large package Cook and Serve vanilla pudding
- 1 large package Strawberry Jell-o
- 2 cups water
- 16 oz Cool-Whip (lite or fat-free is fine)
- 1/2 bag mini marshmallows
- 1 container fresh strawberries cut into bite size pieces
- Pour pudding and Jell-o into a small pan and add 2 cups water.
- Stir well over medium heat until it boils.
- Remove from the stove and pour into a very large mixing bowl or into your electric mixer bowl
- Refrigerate until it thickens. (This takes apx 1-2 hours.)
- When you remove from the fridge, use a mixer, hand mixer, or whisk (with a LOT of muscle) to whip it until it is creamy and very few lumps are left.
- Add the Cool Whip – and mix lightly.
- Lightly fold in marshmallows and strawberries – save a few strawberries and marshmallows for a garnish.
- Pour into a nicer dish – because this one will be messy.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to go.
- I have been successful doing this with Raspberries and a Raspberry Jello as well - although my family much prefers the strawberry version.
SHORT ON TIME??? Try the Strawberry Yogurt Fluff Salad!
It’s a great second choice, and takes 5 minutes!
Click here for the Recipe.