It’s that time of year again! Parents are surfing the web for fun Halloween themed treats and crafts to make with their children. My family loves peanut butter cookies. So I said why not turn my classic peanut butter cookie recipe into Halloween Cookies. They turned out great and my two-year-old had a ball decorating his pumpkin cookies with chocolate sauce and chocolate chips. Try out this fun recipe with your kids for a special Halloween treat.
Peanut Butter Almond Halloween Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Justin's Classic Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of natural cane sugar
- 4 Cups of flour
- 1 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Milk (we used almond milk)
- 2 1/2 cups powder sugar
- orange food coloring
- Mini Chocolate chips melted
- 1/2 tablespoon Coconut oil
- white chocolate chips for decorating
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- You want to get your mixer out for these yummy treats
- cream together room temperature butter, peanut butter and almond butter in large bowl
- slowly add in eggs, vanilla, and sugars
- In another bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder
- Slowly add dry ingredients to peanut butter mixture
- I would cool the dough for a minimum of 30 minutes, however up to 2 hours is ideal
- After dough is chilled roll the dough out on floured surface
- roll dough out to desired thickness and use a pumpkin cookie cutter
- place cookies on a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown. Allow the cookies to cool. Mix the milk and powdered sugar until desired consistency. Add in food coloring to desired color. Melt chocolate in the microwave in 15-second intervals until creamy add coconut oil to loosen it up.
- Decorate cookies how you please. Enjoy
- Feel free to add other treats for kids to decorate their cookies. I helped my two-year-old decorate the cookies pictured.
Enter for a chance to win this amazing Justin’s Snack pack, full of yummy treats for you and your family.
Rules: You do not have to be a blogger to enter/win. An email address is required to enter. Thoughtful comments required for comment entries. Entering this contest allows us the permission to use your email address for our Newsletter which may be unsubscribed to at any time and subscribing is not a requirement for winning. The winner will be chosen randomly through Rafflecopter and contacted via the email registered in Rafflecopter. All of the winners’ entries will be verified. A reply to the winning email is required within 48 hours before a new winner is chosen. One person/email per household. US only.
This giveaway ends at 11:59 PM CST on November 20th, 2016. Good luck!
I received the above products in exchange for a review, opinions are 100% my own as always.