I love learning new recipes! When I was first married (almost 9 years ago!) my mom was telling me all of her recipes. I had not cooked much growing up, so I was trying to learn all the basics, without getting TOO fancy. One of my favorite things to make is Pot Roast. My mom’s recipe included a can of Coke, poured over the pot roast and vegetables along with a package of Lipton’s dry onion soup mix. When she told me this – I was concerned.
“Mom? Seriously?? Coke? ON BEEF??” She swore by it, and says it makes the most tender and juicy pot roasts. So. I went along with it, just knowing it was going to taste funky. But it turned out pretty amazing; and we’ve been using Coke for our roasts, ever since.
Recognizing the brand has become a special part of people’s lives, Coca-Cola has launched Cooking with Coke – a site dedicated to Coke-loving moms and families. The new site provides a place to share recipes, family stories and mealtime traditions. Visitors to the site can build a personalized recipe book from any they like and share tips on how to get the whole family together.
When I was given the information about the Cooking with Coke website, I immediately looked up some other Coke recipes that I wanted to try. After looking through the website – I am so craving BBQ ribs – and I see several recipes online that I’ve got to try – as soon as ribs go on sale around here..!
Also: you can enter HERE for a chance to win an Ingrid Hoffmann 12qt Tamale Pot and Steamer with Lid by T-Fal!
Coke is giving away an Ingrid Hoffmann 12qt. Tamale Pot and Steamer w/Lid by T-Fal. RV $50This first entry is MANDATORY: Visit Cooking With Coke Website and either Share a recipe (and paste what you’ve shared) or tell me a recipe that you’d love to try!
Optional Extra Entries: (only after mandatory entry is done!)
- Subscribe to my blog via email
- Follow my blog publicly via GFC
- Follow my blog via Networked Blogs
- Post my NEW Button on your blog. This button is different from the old one and the coding will need to be changed.
- Follow GrinCheek2Cheek on Twitter on twitter and tweet about this giveaway: (this may be done daily)
#Cooking with #Coke is Fun! I’d like to #win a 12qt T-Fal Steamer from Coke @GrinCheek2Cheek #Giveaway Ends 5/27 http://tiny.ly/t7V2
- Like GrinningCheektoCheek on Facebook!
- Vote for me on picket fence blogs. One Entry per vote(per day).
- Enter any of my other Current giveaways. 1 extra entry per CURRENT contest entered.
- NEW: Post my link on any of that day’s CURRENT Public Giveaway linky for this giveaway. Should say something like – GC2C– T-Fal 12qt Steamer Pot – Ends 5/27 *and the link*. Comment to me the link to where you submitted it. (i.e. for a Tuesday Giveaway Linky – post it anytime before midnight that same Tuesday)
Open to U.S. only. Giveaway ends May 27th, 2011 at 11:59pm. Winner will be drawn by ‘andthewinneris…’ the following day, and will be e-mailed. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.