As soon as the fall season hits I love to make delicious soup recipes. Let’s face it, as soon as the temperature drops here in Minnesota it is officially soup season. One of my families favorite recipes is a Cheesy Potato & Ham Soup- Yum! Whenever I make this soup, I never have any complaints. Not even from my somewhat picky two-year-old. My Inspiration for this soup came from loaded baked potato soup and my love for cheese. On a cold fall night, you can’t get much better than a bowl of this creamy cheesy loaded soup. Enjoy!
Warm up with this Savory Soup
Cheesy Potato & Ham Soup Recipe
- 4-6 large russet potatoes cut in cubes
- 1/2 large white onion
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup of Butter
- 1 cup of cream or half & half
- 7oz shredded white cheddar
- 8oz of diced ham
- 1 packet of Lipton Savory Herb & Garlic Soup Mix
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of Salt (season to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of pepper (season to taste)
- Bacon to sprinkle
- Cheddar Cheese to Sprinkle
- Add Butter to large skillet, add onions and garlic. Cook garlic and onions until onions are throughly cooked. Add diced ham and continue to simmer. Add chicken broth to mixture allow to simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Slowly stir in heavy cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. In a separate pot boil potatoes until tender. Add potatoes to the main pot. Add Lipton mixture. Slowly stir in shredded white cheddar until cheese is melted. Allow soup to simmer on low for 30 to 45 minutes. Viola! Enjoy this cheesy goodness with a hot panini or bread.
- You will want the soup to sit and thicken after cooking.